Monday, November 22, 2010

Wow! Haven't posted in a while....

And there's definitely a reason...actually more than one reason! :)

It was a week after Kevin and I got back from Jamaica.  Friday, I was sitting at work...and all of a sudden, my stomach kind of grumbled.  Although it wasn't a hunger grumble.  I sat there for a moment, and was thinking...wow, that's weird.  Then I looked up at the calendar and started counting days.  Hmm...I'm 5 days late!  Uh oh....

I was going to by a "test" on the way home from work...but brushed it off.  It must be because of the travel...and the lack of sleep I had that week (after poor Kevin got food poisoning!)  So, I just ended up going home.  After I got home, I couldn't shake this weird feeling.  Kevin and I were also planning on going out for sushi that night, and I told him I was late.  "I'm just going to run out and get a test to make sure..." 

I got home and went immediately into the bathroom.  Sure enough....it was a +!  It actually surprised me how quickly it appeared.  I sat in the bathroom for a few more minutes saying"...no...I can't be...I drank last week...yikes!"

As I was coming out of the bathroom, Kevin was walking into our room...I looked at him and just said "I'm pregnant!"  (Although it came out as more of a statement). :)  We hugged and laughed for about a 1/2 hour and finally Kevin asked the question...."what do we do now?!?!" 

We scrapped our sushi plans and went out for barbeque instead!  We also told our parents that night, and they were both thrilled! 

Now...fast forward to 9 weeks...my first doctors appointment.  The doctor came in and asked Kevin and I questions, and told us what to expect, then did the first ultrasound.  Then he says "Hmmm..."  My heart dropped..uh oh...is something wrong with the baby??  Then he proceeded to flip the screen around and said..."Do you notice anything different here???"
My response (scream) "There's TWO!!!!"

That's right.  We're having twins!  We're super excited!  Kevin is thrilled too.   We cannot wait until they get here.  I just entered into the second trimester, and am definitely ready for this nausea and exhaustion to let up!  I've actually been having a good last couple days after my worst days early last week. 

Today we had our second appointment and got to see the "twinkies" again, and hear their heartbeats.  It was amazing.  It's going to be a long wait until May! :)

Here they are...13 weeks!
Here's Baby A waving to us! :)

Here's Baby B relaxing! :)

The doctor said at my next appointment we may be able to find out the gender.  I can't wait!  (My guess...either two girls or one of each...)  I guess we'll find out soon! :)

5 comments:

ethelmaepotter! said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Oh I am sooooooo excited for you both...all! I couldn't help it...as soon as I read "stomach," I scrolled down and saw the pics - screamed aloud - scared the dogs senseless - then went back and read the whole thing. This is soooooe exciting! I know I already said it, but it bears repeating!

Okay, I'm off to TA to send people over here!

Did I tell you I'm excited?

Congratulations!!!!!!

Marion said...

Thank you so much!!! We could not be happier! We are just crossing our fingers for a safe rest of the pregnancy! :)

It's definitely going to be an adventure...especially since I'm an only child! I'm sure I'll be writing all about it as we go. :):)

Bubbles and Spanky said...

Hi Marion,

Just wanted send my congratulations and best wishes!

I followed over to your blog from TA a while ago when you posted your trip reports.

Looking forward to hearing all about life over the next few months, im sure it will be lots of fun and very exciting!

-Kris

ethelmaepotter! said...

Just checking in to see how you FOUR are doing. I have news of my own - check out my TA post for Orlando pics and read the second page of comments for my news!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34515-i19-k4124599-Wrapping_It_Up_in_Pictures_FINALLY-Orlando_Florida.html

Marion said...

Thanks Kris! :)

Ethel - I LOVED your news!!!! I posted comments on your latest blog entry today. SO EXCITED for you!!!!!