Monday, May 2, 2011

Quick Baby Update and Maternity Picture session


Yesterday, Kevin and I went and got some maternity pictures taken.  What a fun time!  I had been talking about doing this for a while, and finally figured out a good time to get these done (I'm glad we had the chance to since these babies may be here any day now!)

We met our photographer at the Jeffery Mansion in Bexley, OH and it was a perfect setting.  It stopped raining long enough for us to get some really great pictures!  You can view the album on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/fbx/?set=a.217825334910987.71318.151141878246000.  She posted about 20 pictures, but we'll have a CD of the whole session.  If there are any great ones I will post those as well!

Today I had my 36 week appointment.  The girls are doing great.  Baby A is 5lbs 12oz, and Baby B is 5lbs 2oz.  They were both moving around and were doing their practice breathing, which is a great sign!  I am about 80% effaced, and 1cm dilated.  The doctor thinks they will be making their arrival in the next two weeks.  I am also excited to report that I am officially off bedrest!  I am allowed to resume my normal activity. Three weeks of being chained to the couch was definitely too much! :)

I will post again soon, hopefully before the girls arrive...depending on when they decide to make their appearance! We will soon find out!

2 comments:

ethelmaepotter! said...

Hi y'all!

I'm still on my bloggy break, but just had to check in and see how things were developing with the twins. LOVE ALL THE PICTURES!!!! I have never even heard of such a thing as maternity photos, but what a fab idea! The tiny shoes one is adorable, but I think my favorite is the one of the two of you sitting on the mansion steps, your head on Kevin's shoulder. That picture says, "This is the end of "the two of us" and the beginning of "our family." It says peace and anticipation and love...and fatigue!

Hoping next time I check in on you, you'll have pictures of your girls in your arms!

Val( Brazil) said...

glad to see you and the girls are all ready!