Sunday, October 18, 2009

Wonderful week (and weekend) at home!!

This week was pretty busy, but it was still great to be at home. I still haven't been able to kick this dumb sinus infection that has been plaguing me since we came home from WDW...hopefully the second round of antibiotics I'm on will do the trick!

Friday, I went to see a good friend from college, Katie. She lives on the west side of Columbus with her husband and her adorable little girl Addie. Katie was actually the very first person I met at Ohio University during orientation. Luckily we were in the same dorm freshman year, and we lived together (with three other girls) in an off campus house Junior and Senior year.

I dug this picture up from our Senior year when we did the "Pink House Shuffle". In case you aren't aware, a "shuffle" is a tradition at OU. You try to get to the 20+ bars on campus and have a drink at each. Although we didn't make every bar, we did a good job! We also lived in a Pink House, hence the "Pink House Shuffle!" (Left-Right - Kim, Katie, Me, Brenda (in front)):


It was great to spend the afternoon with Katie, Addie, and Simon (the dog)! Although we don't live that far from each other, we definitely don't get together as much as we should. I'm guilty of letting friendships slide because I "am busy" or whatever other excuse comes up. I've definitely been learning lately, that the true friendships in your life will always be there, no matter what. But both of us do admit that we need to get together more often. Hopefully when they move up this way next summer. We won't have any excuses then!!! :-)
Here's Simon - Katie and Tim's Boxer:

Addie's playing with Simon:

Doors are fun!


Last night I went in with Kevin to do "70s Saturday Night"! Kevin does a Saturday night radio show for 93.3 WLZT in Columbus. He has a great time doing it (although he was only 2 years old when the 70s were over), he does a great job and actually has regular callers that call in every week! It's funny, since he's been doing this show, the 70s music on my iPod has increased dramatically! I have a great time going in with him, and just take my scrapbook stuff and work on that. It gives me a good amount of room to spread out!
Kevin smiling for the camera:

Kevin and I in front of all the fun radio equipment:

Kevin jabbering:

Still jabbering!

Making a mess with my scrapbook stuff!


Here are some bonus pics of us and our pets (Clayton not pictured):
Mullen and I:

Mullen smiling for the camera!

Me and the pups:

Kev and the pups:

Bono chewing his bone:

Mullen, Bono, and Edge:

Bono and Edge licking the yogurt cup:


Gotta love a weekend at home! Next week we're in Pittsburgh!

2 comments:

ethelmaepotter! said...

When I have a sinus infection, my nose is red and swollen, my face is splotchy, my eyes are droopy, and I look generally miserable. How do you manage to look absolutely gorgeous when you have the same infection?

Marion said...

Thank you! You're so sweet...should have seen me three weeks ago, it wasn't pretty :)