Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Holiday Season has officially arrived!

We have been so super busy!  We had Thanksgiving at our house this year.  My parents came down to see how well we (well, Kevin) could cook a turkey.  It came out awesome (from what I was told!!)  The sides were great too.  We had the typical Thanksgiving side dishes, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry jello, green bean casserole, and fresh baked rolls.  Yes, this is the first time I have made rolls from scratch and they came out pretty good.

Here's my table, that seems more like Christmas than Thanksgiving...Oh well!


The day after Thanksgiving was Kevin's birthday.  It also happened to be my friend Gail's husband's birthday, and our friend Helen's on Saturday. Everyone came down to visit and we had planned to go out to a Japanese restaurant and celebrate.  It was so much fun!  We went to Benihana and had a great time.  It was so good to see everyone.

Our Chef!

Our group, Andy, Helen, Brian, Gail, Ashley, Kevin, and me!

Kevin and I :)


Last night we decided to really get into the Christmas spirit and went to Wildlights at the Columbus Zoo.  It was COLD, but beautiful.  It's so nice to be able to walk around outside under all the lights, and you can even go inside some of the buildings (definitely a nice break from the cold!)
Love the lights!


Kevin and I...yep, it was cold!!




Santa was feeding the fish :)

This is Kevin and my favorite animal at the zoo....the manatee!


Kevin nicknamed this guy Crush.  He was hilarious to watch!

Yeah, I wouldn't be anywhere near that snake if there wasn't solid glass between him and I!!

Still have Christmas shopping to do and cookies to bake!  It's going to be a busy couple weeks :)

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Crush was awesome!!! What a fun couple weeks we've had :)

ethelmaepotter! said...

You got some great outdoor light pictures; mine never turn out. I LOVE the dragonfly! And, yes, Crush looks like lots of fun. Totally awesome, dude.