Tuesday, April 12, 2011

33 Week Update

I just had my 33 week OB appointment and ultrasound yesterday. Starting with the positives, the babies are looking great! Baby A was 4lbs 8oz, and Baby B was 4lbs 3 oz. They are both really active and are doing their practice breathing! Also, Baby B flipped and is now head down!! I may actually get to try for a normal delivery if she stays put. I was really excited about that!

My BP was 110/60 and I actually lost a pound since my last appointment. As long as the girls are gaining, I’m not concerned though. :)

Unfortunately, my cervix shortened again since last Wednesday...which can be a sign of pre-term labor. My doctor is being extra precautious and is pulling me from work and put me on “modified” bedrest for the next 3 weeks (at least). I am allowed to get up and shower, eat, use the restroom, and even go out for a quick meal once or twice a week. Other than that, I need to stay laying down. It’s going to be tough, but if I can at least make it to 36 weeks, I will be happy. I just want the girls to stay in there as long as possible! The good news is, I have not had any contractions (even Braxton-Hicks), and I am not dilated at all. Just going to keep my fingers crossed!  I also do have a c-section scheduled for May 18th...but when talking to the doc yesterday, he seems doubtful I will make it to that date.

The other interesting news is that we may be profiled on the show 'One Born Every Minute' on Lifetime.  They are shooting the second season at Riverside hospital again between late April and early June, and may use our story.  I just talked to a casting director yesterday, and my doctor is super pumped for Kevin and I do possibly be on the show!  We will be filmed and after filming, the producers will pick certain couples to actually be on the show.  Why the heck not?!?  May as well have our 2.5 minutes of fame!!! :)  If nothing else, we will get a professionally produced DVD of our birth experience (discreet, of course!) :)

Here's me at 33 weeks (before my last day of work until July or August)


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm almost positive they'll put us on the show! There's no way they would pass on someone so beautiful!! :)

Val( Brazil) said...

And I agree with Kevin...;-)

2 stars will be born!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
I´ll be away from a computer till April,25...hope the girls behave til them!

Marion said...

Aww...thanks everyone! :)

Val - I'll tell them to stay put until at least after the 25th! :)

ethelmaepotter! said...

Could this be any more exciting???!!!!

You are absolutely radiant, and good grief, girl, ENJOY that bedrest...coz it's the last you'll have for several years once the girls get here!

Val( Brazil) said...

Í´m back!!! ;-)